These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information. Promoter & Data Controller: Nestlé Purina PetCare, 1 City Place, Beehive Ring Road, West Sussex, RH6 0PA
1. Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 and over at the time of entry, excluding employees and their immediate families of Nestle Purina (the Promoter), Cats Protection, it’s affiliated companies, agents, or anyone else professionally connected with the Promotion. Failure to comply with any part of this clause will disqualify their respective entry from the promotion.
2. No purchase necessary.
3. Internet access required and entrants must have an active Twitter account. If you do not have a Twitter account you will need to create one in order to participate – you will require an active email address in order to do this. See https://support.twitter.com for more details.
4. Entries made on Twitter will be subject to Twitter’s Terms of Service, which are available, online at https://twitter.com/tos.
5. The Promotion opens from 00:00am on 3rd July 2016 until 11:59pm 5th July 2016 (the voting/entry period)
6. Entrants must find the promotional tweet from @PurinaUK featuring the Purina® Better Together Award finalists and retweet the tweet quoting their preferred cat from the 3 finalists using one the following hashtags: #NCAFrank, #NCAGemini or #NCASmokie.
7. Only 1 vote per person for the duration of the promotional period is allowed.
8. Any votes /entries received from private accounts will not be entered due to privacy restrictions. To enter from a private account you must amend your account settings to a public account in order for entry to be accepted. The account must remain public during the promotion. Only suitable entries will be accepted.
9. All entries (votes) will be strictly monitored by the Promoter and their third party adjudicators throughout and any attempts to manipulate or otherwise unfairly influence the results will result in disqualification of entry/votes or suspension of the promotion.
10. The top 3 finalists are prohibited from directly or indirectly seeking any services to obtain votes and must not purchase or reward votes in any way. Any abuse of the voting system, including vote-rigging or any kind of vote farming and automated votes, will result in disqualification of the entry.
11. No bulk votes /entries will be allowed, votes / entries from agents, third parties, syndicates, organized groups or entries automatically generated by a computer, programme, application, script or any automatic method will not be accepted. Any person trying to circumvent this condition by any method, including but not limited to using multiple accounts, will be disqualified along with all entries from associated accounts. Only genuine valid votes will be considered.
12. Obscene or inappropriate entries will not be accepted. Entrants are solely responsible for the information they provide and views they express on their Twitter account. The Promoter and their agents, reserve the right to reject any entries for any reason at their sole discretion.
13. Anyone, who in the Promoter’s absolute discretion, is acting in a manner that undermines the operation and integrity of the promotion or in any way which gives an unfair advantage, will be disqualified and any persons seeking to use such information gained will be disqualified.
14. The Promoter will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any entries, which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
15. The Promoter and any third party adjudicator shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid votes including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a voter and their voting patterns
16. The Promoter shall have sole and final determination as to which entries are genuine and therefore eligible to take part in this Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. All the genuine valid votes (entries) will be counted to determine the winner of the Purina® Better Together Award. The most voted for cat will be announced at the National Cat awards ceremony on 4th August 2016.
18. For information on the results and for details of the winning cat for the Purina® Better Together Award see www.cats.org.uk/national-cat-awards. Information will be available for up to 3 months from the promotional close date.
19. The winning cat of the Purina® Better Together Award will be put forward for the Cat Protection’s National Cat Awards 2016. See www.cats.org.uk/national-cat-awards for more details.
20. By entering the promotion, entrants agree to have their submitted name and entry displayed on Purina’s Twitter page and agree that it may be used by Purina for any such purpose, at any time, without any fee or other form of compensation.
22. In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify or suspend the promotion or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
23. The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
24. The Promotion and these terms are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
25. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You are providing your information to Purina, not to Twitter.
26. Any person posting, or seen to be posting, comments to the Promoter’s Twitter page or elsewhere during the Promotion that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other participants, associates or directly aimed at the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to alert Twitter to any such behaviour, which may result in the person’s account being frozen pending investigation.