CATS PROTECTION NAME-A-CAT COMPETITION
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The promotion is only open to UK & ROI residents aged 18 and over. Excludes employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
2. Competition period: The competition opens on Thursday 19th December 2019 and closes at 23:59 on Sunday 22nd December 2019.
3. Entry platforms: The competition takes place on the official PurinaUKI Instagram channel (@PurinaUKI). Participants will require an Instagram account to enter and must ensure that their entries are set to ‘Public’ or ‘global’. Participants who do not already have an Instagram account may open one at www.instagram.com by following the instructions and reading the relevant Terms and Conditions.
4. How to enter:
(a.) Participants must comment with one cat name suggestion on the Instagram name-a-cat competition post on the official PurinaUKI Instagram page (@PurinaUKI).
(b.) Upon the competition closing, we will collate all unique cat names submitted and at least two staff members from Cats Protection will then shortlist two (2) final cat name suggestions, which will be chosen on preference and based on the following criteria:
- How fitting the name is to the individual cat
The Promoter’s (Purina UKI and Cats Protection) reserve the right to remove any participant names or suggested cat names that it deems to be in bad taste, or believes may cause offense to other participants.
(c.) On Monday 23rd December, two (2) names will be chosen by Cats Protection and will then be put forward for a final public vote. The two (2) names will be published on the official PurinaUKI (@PurinaUKI) Instagram Stories via a public poll sticker, where the public will then be able to vote by selecting their favourite name from the two listed. The cat name with the most public votes will then be deemed the overall winner. The winning cat name be announced on the @PurinaUKI Instagram Stories on Tuesday 24th December 2019.
(d.) Only unique names will be put forward to the public vote. Any duplicate names will be removed during the process to select the two (2) finalists.
(e.) We will contact the individual winner by direct message on Instagram to arrange the delivery of their prize. They will be required to provide their full name and address for the delivery of prize. If the participant has not responded within 48 hours of being contacted, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw that entry from the shortlist and select any entry.
(f.) Maximum of one vote per person/Instagram account will be accepted. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be attempting to tamper with the operation of the promotion by setting up multiple accounts, using multiple identities or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the terms and conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
(g.) There is one prize to be won consisting of a month’s supply of Purina FELIX cat food* for either the winner’s cat, OR, their local Cats Protections shelter. *The precise amount of FELIX cat food will vary depending on the age, weight and breed of the winner's cat, and in accordance with the PURINA feeding guidelines.
5. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of circumstances outside its control.
6. Entrants’ details: It is the entrants’ responsibilities to ensure that the contact details provided on their social account are valid and correct. By participating and submitting a suggested cat name via the Instagram competition post, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
7. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions , at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
8. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
9. By taking part in the promotion, winners agree that Nestlé Purina PetCare may contact them to ask whether they want to participate in marketing activities relating to the promotion.
11. IP: By providing an entry, you grant the Promoter, its associated companies and agents permission to publish, use, reproduce, distribute, make available, edit and/or modify the entry in any way (in whole or in part) for all commercial, advertising and/or promotional purposes in perpetuity throughout the world and in any media, including without limitation on packaging, advertisements and/or the internet and you agree to waive any moral rights to such works.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final in relation to all promotional matters.
15. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Data collected for this promotion will not be disclosed to Instagram. Furthermore, any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion should be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram.
16. Bulk, trade or third parties’ applications are not permitted, and will be disqualified.
17. To ensure fairness and the integrity of the promotion to all participants, the Promoter will not enter into discussions regarding the running of this promotion via social media, but will respond to questions via www.purina.co.uk/contact-us.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the winner including, but not limited to, any entrant’s identity, and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement or refuse further participation in the promotion where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements, or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion, or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions, and these will be binding.
19. Any person posting, or seen to be posting, comments via Instagram, or elsewhere during the promotion that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other participants, followers of @purinauki, or @catsprotection, or directly aimed at the Promoter, will be disqualified from the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to alert Instagram to any such behaviour, which may result in the person’s account being frozen pending investigation.
20. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
Promoter: Nestlé PURINA PetCare (UK) Ltd, 1 City Place, Gatwick, RH6 0PA.