#uptomischief Terms and Conditions
1. Competition period: The competition opens on July 2nd and closes at 23:45 on August 12th 2018 (refer to section 7 for accurate details on mechanics and timing for the competition)
2. Entry platforms: The competition takes place on the official FELIX UK social channels: Facebook (@Cats Like Felix) and Twitter (@CatsLikeFelix).
3. How to enter:
a. "Most mischievous cat in the UK & ROI " - Your photo must show either one or multiple cat(s) and all the pet(s) featured must belong to you as the official owner;
b. The competition takes place on our Purina (FELIX) UK social media platforms. Entrants must use the hashtag "#uptomischief", post their photo on the Cats Like FELIX Facebook or tweet their photo to the Twitter account "@CatsLikeFelix ."
4. Eligibility: In order to participate in the competition to find the most mischievous cat in the UK & ROI, entrants must be residents in the UK or Ireland, who are 18 years or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, their agents or anyone professionally connected to the promotion.
5. Submission: Entrants must submit only one photograph OR video per entry (preferably in colour). Unfortunately, we will not be able to return the content once the competition is closed. Publication of an image or video on the Promoter's social media page(s), does not necessarily mean the entrants has won a prize.
6. Copyright: Copyright in all entries shall be owned by the Promoter. By participating in the promotion the entrants license and grants the Promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
7. Content guidelines: The Promoter reserves the right to publish entries based on the communication guidelines that must always display the pet in a safe environment, promoting responsible pet ownership and pet welfare. The pet must never look distressed, showing aggressive behaviours or be humanize by being dressed up. If the content published fails to respect those guidelines, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify that entry. In addition to this, images of children under the age of 12 will not be accepted as a valid entry. The entrant must be the parent or legal guardian of any children aged between 12 and 18 featured in a submitted entry.
8. Competition mechanics: The competition follows a strict timing for each step with specific dates :
a. The competition opens on July 2nd , and closes for submissions at 23:45 on August 12th 2018.
b. The Promoter's representatives will select five (5) entries as winners that, in their opinion, best convey the following criteria: " Creativity of the image; " Mischief of the cat; for the #uptomischief competition, we encourage NATURAL expressions of cat mischief. Any entries where the cat appears to be doing things against their will, being forced, or taking part in activities that put the cat's welfare or safety at risk will be excluded from the judging.
c. All winners will be published on the Cats Like Felix Facebook and CatsLikeFelix Twitter social channels on August 25th.
9. Winners Selection: Refer to section 7 for more details. In addition, if the winner fails to respond to the winner notification, or fails to meet the eligibility requirements, this may result in forfeiture of the prize. The Promoter reserve the right to disqualify the winner (without further liability to the winner) and offer the prize to the next eligible winner.
10. By taking part in the promotion, participants acknowledge that they may be required to take part in relevant publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the Participant's name and/or image (still or video), their Twitter handle, statements made by the Participants concerning the promotion and/or prizes obtained as part of the promotion.
11. The Prize: The winner shall be entitled to the following prize:
a. Top prize: The winner deemed by the judges to have the best overall entry will win one year's supply of FELIX Cat Food (wet) for one cat based on the Purina feeding guidelines (based on the assumption of mixed feeding (wet and dry). The precise amount of food (wet) will vary depending on the age, weight and breed of the winner's cat. The winner will have a choice of variants, subject to availability. The prize will be delivered in increments of quarterly batches to ensure optimum freshness. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. In addition, the winner will win a pair of tickets to the Family Petshow taking place at Event City, Phoenix Way, Manchester, on 6th and 7th October 2018. All tickets will be valid for the chosen date and can only be used once. This element of the prize also consist of a one night stay at the nearest Holiday Inn Express to the venue for two people on a B&B basis. Any additional expenses occurred in travelling to and from the venue and taking up the prize will be the responsibility of the winner and their guest.
b. The four (4) runner ups will win a year's supply of FELIX Cat Food (based on the same conditions as the winner (section 10a above)
The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of circumstances outside its control.
12. Entrants' details: It is the entrants' responsibilities to ensure that the contact details provided on their social account are valid and correct. By participating and submitting a photograph, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the rules and consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this promotion and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
13. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions , at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
14. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies accept no liability for any loss, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with the Promotion and/or prizes, other than such liability that cannot be excluded by law including death or personal injury through negligence, where liability shall be limited to the minimum permissible by law.
15. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
16. Data Protection: The applicant's details will only be held for the sole purposes of administering, and duration of, the promotion except where an applicant has opted-in to be added to a database to receive future details of news, promotions and offers from the Promoter and its associated entities.
17. The Promoter's decision is final in relation to all promotional matters.
18. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter. Data collected for this promotion will not be disclosed to Facebook or Twitter. Furthermore, any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion should be directed to the Promoter, not Facebook or Twitter.
19. Bulk, trade or third parties' applications are not permitted, and will be disqualified.
21. To ensure fairness and the integrity of the promotion to all participants, the Promoter will not enter into discussions regarding the running of this promotion via social media, but will respond to questions via Contact Us
22. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
Promoter: Nestlé PURINA PetCare (UK) Ltd, 1 City Place, Gatwick, RH6 0PA.