- Pet-care businesses across the world are invited to apply for Purina’s latest edition of its acclaimed accelerator programme – Unleashed
- The programme connects Purina with disruptive pet-tech & pet-care start-ups that enrich the lives of pets and the people who love them
- Powered by the Purina Accelerator Lab, Unleashed is now inviting applications for its fourth cohort, opening in October 2023
Unleashed, powered by Nestlé Purina, Europe’s pioneering pet care accelerator, has launched the fourth iteration of its leading accelerator programme calling for the next generation of pet-care businesses to apply.
Now open to new entries from the UK, as well as across Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Middle East, the 2023 programme is designed to drive the growth of participants, supporting the development of innovative new pet-care products, in particular data enabled pet owner and vet services, sustainable novel nutrition and well-being technologies. It aims to bring relevant and new products and services to the forefront of the industry, providing an enriching life for pets and their owners.
By the end of the 2023 application process, up to nine chosen start-ups will be accelerated for 20 weeks by Unleashed Champions and industry experts. This will include a thorough and structured, fully funded mutually agreed project up to £45000, which will help to drive growth.
From its inception in 2019, Unleashed has been the driver of pet-care innovation and has helped to grow and connect the pet start-up ecosystem, providing impactful solutions for pet owners. Unleashed has had over 600 applications from 50 countries, accelerated 18 start-ups and has a roster of success stories. Previously backed entrepreneurs include Puppyfat, a leading UK app for responsible breeding, and Borrow My Doggy, a UK-based online community connecting local dog owners with trusted borrowers.
Kim Bill, Head of the Purina Accelerator Lab, said: “Unleashed is seen as the best-in-class pet specific accelerator and trusted partner of choice for start-ups. And this is because we have a unique methodology with a team, as well as a whole network of passionate pet-care and pet-tech industry experts to help nurture, support and guide our start-ups towards their business objectives. I look forward to welcoming our 2023 cohort of partners very soon!”
How to participate?
To apply, simply go to www.unleashedbypurina.com to submit your application.
• Oct 2022: Applications open
• 30 November 2022: Applications close
• December – March 2023: Selection rounds
• March – July 2023: Accelerator programme