- Benefits from an experienced owner
- Quiet and sedate cat
- Calm cat
- Sociable and dependent cat
- Quiet cat
- Average build cat breed
- Requires grooming every day
- A bit of both indoor and outdoor space
- Not ideal for family homes
- Can be regularly left for a few hours
- Needs a calm environment
The Chinchilla cat is sweet tempered, loving and affectionate. Persian-types are generally known to be fairly inactive and quiet. The Chinchilla cat breed is said to be more outgoing and extrovert than most Persian cats.
History and Origins
Country of Origin: England
The Chinchilla cat breed is really a specific type of Persian cat. The breed comes in one colour - a pure white coat that is subtly tipped with black to produce a silvery sheen. Its emerald green eyes are distinctively lined with black. The Chinchilla cat breed was the first cat to have been selectively bred for a specific colour. It was first shown in 1894 in Crystal Palace, London.