|Tendency to Vocalise:
|Likes Other Pets:
The name translates literally to ‘white gem’ - and that shouldn’t be a surprise as the Khao Manee is a pure white cat. Their coat is short, smooth and close fitting, covering an athletic and muscular body. They have a moderately oriental body type (i.e. similar to a Siamese cat) that is lithe and long but not as extreme as other members of that group. Eyes can be blue, gold or odd-eyed, i.e. one of each colour, with this latter variety being the rarest type of Khao Manee.
- Benefits from an experienced owner
- Needs high-level of enrichment including simulated hunting games and interactive play
- Highly active and inquisitive cat
- Sociable and dependent cat
- Slightly talkative cat
- Lean and elegant cat
- Requires grooming once a week
- Needs extensive outdoor space
- Not ideal for family homes
- Can be left alone all day
- Needs a calm environment
Curious, intelligent and people-oriented, the Khao Manee (pronounced ‘Cow Man-ee’) is a friendly and affectionate companion. Whilst somewhat talkative, the Khao Manee has a pleasant voice that is usually employed in purring or chirruping when enjoying a fuss. The Khao Manee loves to play and spend time with their people, but can also be quite an independent and clever problem solver where necessary – don’t leave one to be bored or lonely!